Fondly known as the land of Gods, this city of Morocco will astonish you with its captivating lovely snow-capped Atlas Mountains, the poise of the old historic city and the bewildering Sahara Desert. The diversity on this place is what makes it a desirable destination for the tourists from all over the world. The city has a perfect intermingling of the old and new which makes it a holiday spot for all. This past meets present city will enthrall you!
Essential travel information and Marrakesh tips for your visit
- The taxi drivers may rip you off and there’s a possibility that they might even charge you for your luggage which is not necessary, make sure you predefine the fare.
- When hiring a guide, check the official badge given by the local tourism authorities.
- Theft is common so take care of your baggages and valuables. Also, never let the waiter enter your room while ordering room service.
- The tap water might not always be suitable for drinking so always order mineral water, especially at the small eateries. Also, ask for un-iced drinks as the ice can be of tap water.
- Stay away from drugging, especially while travel alone. If in any trouble, contact the local police authorities ASAP.
- Don’t let any strangers carry your luggage as they may appear like a bell-boy but can simply run away with your belongings.
- Do not seek help of over enthusiastic locals who may seem friendly to show you around as they may demand for the same later on.
- Do not get yourself a Henna tattoo without testifying the quality. It may result into skin damage or allergic reactions. Also, be firm you don’t want the tattoo as some vendors will forcibly start drawing in your hand saying it is for free and then demand money. These vendors often work in a gang and can be dangerous.
- Do not let your taxi driver, vendor or guide know that you are visiting for the first time. Always say you have relatives or friends in Casablanca. The moment they find out you are new to the place, the more they will rip you off with fake deals.