The 4 days Marrakech desert tour from Marrakech to Merzouga dunes & Zagora will make you explore the majestic Morocco Sahara desert in 4 days to follow the paths of the old caravan roads while driving past Draa Valley with its oases dotted with dates palm trees and fortified Kasbahs, cross the volcanic massif of the Anti Atlas Mountains, ride your camel in Erg Chebbi, Sleep under the stars at your Morocco Sahara desert camp in Merzouga, cross the Valley of the roses and the road of 1001 Kasbahs. Finally, admire the splendid Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou !
HERE ARE THE 4 DAYS MARRAKECH DESERT TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Cross the High Atlas Mountains and its Tizi Ntichka pass
- Visit the UNESCO world heritage site of Ait Ben Hadou
- Drive to Zagora desert along Draa Valley
- Enjoy a scenic drive past the volcanic massifs of Saghro
- Ride a camel in Merzouga while assisting to a dramatic sunset
- Sleep under the stars in Erg Chebbi Sahara camp
- Visit Todgha Gorges and drive across the Valley of the Roses
DAY 1 :
MARRAKECH – OUARZAZATE – ZAGORA ( 6 HOURS DRIVE )
Your 4 days Morocco desert tour from marrakech Departs from your hotel or riad at 07h30 by winding up through the Atlas Mountains over the Tizi N’ Tichka Pass, the pass rises to 2260 meters above sea level, so the views are quite splendid. Plenty of stops are made for taking in the scenery and photography.
We arrive in ouarzazate and visit Taourirte Kasbahs. Lunch ( At leisure ) before we continue to Zagora through Draa Valley.
This amazing river has given life to a huge oasis about 200 Km at the foothill of the anti Atlas mountains. Draa Valley has been for many years coveted by the Sahara desert nomads.
All along, several palm groves will bring their shades between Kasbahs and Ksours dotted with fields of corn, barley, Vegetables and henna plantations.
Dinner and Overnight in Zagora.
DAY 2 :
ZAGORA – TAZARINE – MERZOUGA ( 6 HOURS DRIVE )
Today, you will cross the volcanic peaks of the Anti Atlas Mountains driving southeast across lunatic landscapes past oases located in the middle of nowhere.
You will stop for lunch at the oasis of Alnif, where you’ll have lunch before you carry on to Merzouga, then to Erg Chebbi where your Sahara desert camp is located.
Upon arrival, switch your mean of transportation into camels and enjoy an Erg Chebbi dunes camel trek to witness one of the most sought for views in the planet: Erg Chebbi’s dramatic sunset over the color changing sand dunes!
Drive back to your camp and get ready for a delicious Moroccan dinner under the stars while entertained by the local nomads playing their drums. Don’t miss the clear sky stars constellation before you go to bed.
DAY 3 :
MERZOUGA – TINGHIR – BOUMALNE DADES ( 6 HOURS DRIVE )
After breakfast at your desert camp, drive along the 1001 Kasbahs past rivers, oases and fortified Kasbahs to Tinghir, where you can enjoy a walk in the oasis along Todgha river bank to Todgha canyons where you will have lunch.
Early afternoon, drive along the Dades Valley where you’ll drive past some magnificient fortified Kasbahs and Berber Villages, with the sunset as a backdrop to Dades Gorges to marvel at the scenery and take some photos.
Dinner and overnight at your Dads Valley hotel.
DAY 4 :
BOUMALNE DADES – KASBAH AIT BEN HADOU – MARRAKECH ( 6 HOURS DRIVE )
After breakfast, you’ll drive alongside the Valley of the Roses to Kalaa Megouna where you can visit rose water ladies cooperative and learn how locals manufacture rose water perfume essences.
We continue to Skoura oasis, considered one of the largest oases in the South and we carry on to Ouarzazate and to the UNESCO world heritage site of Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou.
The fortified village is one of the most visited landmarks in Morocco, and it has been long known as shooting location of various Hollywood blockbusters.
After lunch at leisure in the Kasbah, we drive to Marrakech via Tizi Ntichka pass and high Atlas Mountains.
Your 4 days desert trip from Marrakech will come to an end with a drop off at your hotel or read.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- –Tour price per person depends on how many participants there are in your party.
- –Driving times above do not include stops for sightseeing, photos, lunch and cafe.
- –A 4×4 can seat up to 4 adult passengers comfortably if there are 5 participants and up, a van will be used for your tour .
- –Local guides and entrance fees ( if any ) are not included. You pay for those directly to the suppliers.
- –Pick up time for your desert tour can be flexible. Between 07h30 and 08h00 AM is highly recommended.
- –Please kindly note that as of April 01st 2019, all Merzouga camps inside the dunes are removed. Camping is only allowed at the edge of the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi.
- A/C modern 4×4 or van driven by an English speaking driver /guide
- Pick up from your Marrakech hotel / Riad
- Sunset camel rides in Erg Chebbi
- Drop off at your Marrakech hotel or the closest accessible location to your riad if not car accessible.
- Dinners and breakfasts from the first night
Not Included :
- Entrance fees if any
- local guides if any
- lunches on the way
If the itineraries that we offer do not match what you’re looking for, send us a message describing what you are looking for and we will prepare the trip to your needs and requirements.